sexy vegan radidio show notes
Hordes of vegans broke Follow Your Heart's website after this pic of their forthcoming vegan egg substitute was posted.
del's no queso mac 'n cheese
Macaroni and cheese is thought of as the all-American dish. There are as many ways to make it as there are picnics on the Fourth of July. This one has that creamy homemade feel to it with a southwest kick.
12 ounces whole grain macaroni noodles
1 recipe No-Queso Sauce (below)
1 cup nutritional yeast
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
3. Combine the cooked macaroni noodles, No-Queso Sauce, and nutritional yeast in a large bowl and mix well.
4. Spoon the mixture into a 9 × 13 baking dish and bake for 25 minutes, until the top is lightly browned.
MAKE IT EASY
• For a quicker version, finish heating it on the stovetop for a few minutes instead of baking it.
• If you don’t like a spicy mac and cheese, you can cut back on the chipotles in adobo sauce used to make the No-Queso Sauce.
MAKES ABOUT 3 CUPS
2 cups frozen cauliflower florets
2 cups water
1 roasted red bell pepper
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Add the cauliflower to a medium saucepan with the water.
2. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until the cauliflower is tender—6 minutes for the frozen; 10 minutes for the fresh.
3. Scoop the cauliflower into a blender, reserving the cooking liquid, and add the remaining ingredients.
4. Puree the mixture, adding just enough of the cooking water to make a creamy sauce.
MAKE IT EASY
You can make a quick, no-cook version of this sauce by replacing the cauliflower with light firm silken
tofu and pureeing it with the rest of the ingredients. It makes a great dip for vegetables.